5 Beauty Favourites for Fall 2015

{Guest blogger Micaela Armstrong} 

           September is flying by, and with Fall fast approaching, it's time to put away the summer clothes and bust out the Fall fashion. Along with rocking autumnal clothing and accessories, don't forget to vamp up your beauty routine! If you're in need of some new products, fear not - I've got a quick list of my five Fall beauty must haves for you.



1) Broad Spectrum Sunscreen by Clinique ($23.00 USD): Just because the sun is starting to set earlier in the day doesn't meant that it's any less harmful to your unprotected skin! I think a lot of people forget that sunscreen isn't just for hot summer days. The sun's rays can cause damage every day of the year and it's important to cover up! This sunscreen by Clinique is non-greasy, oil free and great for sensitive skin.

2) Buxom Mascara - Sephora ($24.00): This mascara is a godsend! I use it daily and it's beautifully volumizing, giving my lashes - and my confidence - a huge boost. Use as little or as much as you want, depending on how dramatic your look is for the day. It layers very easily and is clump-resistant so there's no worry about developing clumpy spider lashes...

3) Moroccanoil Hair Treatment ($47.00): When the weather starts to get rainy and cold, it definitely takes its toll on my hair. In order to repair some of the damage, I use Moroccanoil before styling. A small amount applied to damp or dry hair has amazing effects - shine, strength and protection. Personally I use the light treatment because I have fine hair, but there are numerous other Moroccanoil products to choose from. Check out their website or go to a local salon because I can almost guarantee they carry Maroccanoil products!

4) Lipstick by Mac Cosmetics ($20.00): Lipstick is one of those things that takes a lot of confidence to wear. That being said, wearing lipstick actually gives me more confidence! I can have a totally average morning, getting ready for school or work, feeling so-so, then I throw on a bold lip shade and I can conquer the world! In my opinion, Fall makeup is incomplete without a warm autumnal lip shade so I chose "Spice It Up" by Mac. It's described as a "mulled brown berry" and can complement a smoky eye or stand out by itself for a simpler look. Don't be afraid! Mac lipsticks are amazing and worth a try, even if you're a lipstick newbie.

5) Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette ($64.00): For a bit more of a splurge, I included Urban Decay's NEW Naked Smoky Palette. The colours are super pigmented and are perfect for creating a dramatic smoky eye. You can also just stick to the neutrals for a more low-key look! Edgy or simple? You decide.


Fall is full of change, from adjusting to a back to school schedule or getting used to the changing temperature and fewer sunlight hours per day. It's also a great opportunity to shed your summer wardrobe and pick up a few new beauty products. Do you have any Fall beauty faves? Feel free to share them with us!


 



Micaela Armstrong is Executive Assistant at Brooklyn Designs and a part-time student at Kwantlen Polytechnic University.

No comments:

 
Blogging tips